The President’s Volunteer Service Award
- The President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) is the premier volunteer awards program, encouraging citizens to live a life of service through presidential gratitude and national recognition.
- We encourage you to take a look around, be inspired and take positive action that changes the world.
- The President’s Volunteer Service Award recognizes individuals, families and groups who have achieved a certain standard — measured by the number of hours served over a 12-month period or cumulative hours earned over the course of a lifetime
Komerican Community Service Center/KCSC (Dr.SAT Academy) is a certifying organization for these awards. Recipients can receive an official lapel pin, personalized certificate of achievement, and a congratulatory letter from the president of the United States.
To apply for the award, candidates must document their volunteer activities and the number of hours served. This record of service may be a diary, calendar or time-sheet with proof of service documented and verified by an agency representative.
Candidates must submit a letter of nomination from one of the following: the direct supervisor/agency representative working with the candidate, a school administrator, school Komerican Community Service Center/KCSC (Dr.SAT Academy) advisors or directors. Proof of Komerican Community Service Center/KCSC (Dr.SAT Academy) membership must also be submitted.
AWARD REQUIREMENTS :
- Volunteer with a community organization. The only service requirements for this award is that the volunteer is not paid for the service and that the service efforts are not court ordered.
- To qualify for the PRESIDENT’S VOLUNTEER SERVICE AWARD, volunteers submit a record of their service hours. Service hours can be accumulated through work on a variety of projects throughout the year. The only requirement is that the necessary hours be completed within 12 months; recipients can qualify for a new PVSA each year.
- Once your record of service is verified and approved, you are recognized with the appropriate award
- Service usually springs from selflessness, but the president of the United States wants to recognize volunteers just the same. That’s why the Presidential Volunteer Service Award was created, a national honor offered in recognition of sustained service.
- Candidates must meet the number of hours designated by the President’s Volunteer Service Award to reach the bronze, silver or gold levels of service.
|Kids ages 5-10||Teens 11-15||Young Adults 16-25|
|Bronze Award||26-49 hours||50-74 hours||100-249 hours|
|Silver Award||50-74 hours||75-99 hours||175-249 hours|
|Gold Award||75+ hours||100+ hours||250+ hours|
*Komerican Community Service Center/KCSC (Dr.SAT Academy): Requirements and Submission Items for the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA)
– REQUIREMENTS MAY HAVE CHANGED. PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION THOROUGHLY AND FOLLOW DIRECTIONS (Refer to FAQ Section Below)
– INCORRECT OR INCOMPLETE SUBMISSION WILL BE RETURNED. SEE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
– Deadline: Applications must be received (not postmarked): TBD
– Materials: must be sent as one complete package and received (not postmarked) no later than Deadline Date. No exceptions will be allowed.
– Emailed or faxed entries will not be accepted. (Do not send incomplete submissions).
– To qualify to receive the PVSA from Komerican Community Service Center/KCSC (Dr.SAT Academy) in June 2018, candidates must have performed hours within a single consecutive 12-month period. (Hours prior to January 1, 2017, do not apply unless you are submitting for the Lifetime Award).
1. Coversheet for individual
- Your Name
- Home Address
- Total hours
- School Name
- Advisor’s Name
- School Address
- Advisor’s email address
* Coversheet for team awards, if you are applying as team
- Team Name
- Total number of people on the team
- Total Team Hours
- School Name
- Advisor’s Name
- School Address
- Advisor’s email address
* TEAM AWARDS: A time-sheet of days/hours and verification of individual hours for EACH TEAM MEMBER must be included with a team submission. Team is defined as 2 to 50 people. Maximum number of people on a team is 50. Each team member must have at least of 25 hours.
– If you are submitting hours as part of a team, you cannot apply for an individual award.
– If you are submitting hours as an individual, you cannot be part of a team award.
– For team awards, each member contributing to the total number of hours must have served 25 hours or more, and each team member must submit time-sheets and verification as part of the team submission
2. Candidates must submit a documented record of volunteer activities and hours served. This record of service may be a diary, calendar or time-sheet.
– If your service involved over night stays, such as volunteering at a summer camp, only direct contact hours/hours on task may be counted. (Sleeping and driving hours do not count.)
– Your time log must reflect each day you volunteered and the hours served on those days. (Range of dates with total hours are not acceptable. example: January 1-16, 2018, 40 hours or March 2017-March 2018, 300 hours.)
– Hours served fulfilling your responsibilities as a local, state or national officer do not count for the PVSA (volunteer activities performed while an officer are acceptable).
3. A letter from every agency, organization, school, church, hospitals, etc., (on their letterhead) where you volunteered must accompany your time sheet and be signed by an agency representative verifying your hours. Verifying letters must be on the organization’s letterhead.
4. Candidates must submit a letter of nomination from one of the following: the direct supervisor/representative working with the candidate, a school administrator, school Komerican Community Service Center/KCSC (Dr.SAT Academy) advisor or Komerican Community Service Center/KCSC (Dr.SAT Academy) director.
5. Proof of Komerican Community Service Center/KCSC (Dr.SAT Academy) membership must be submitted. Proof of membership can be a copy of a membership roster, your membership card, a certificate or verification from your school Komerican Community Service Center/KCSC (Dr.SAT Academy) advisor or director.
6. Candidates must meet the number of hours designated by the Presidential Volunteer Service Award.
Once the documentation is received (not postmarked) by Deadline, KCSC (Dr. SAT Academy) will verify all records and confirm that the candidate has completed the number of service hours in good standing as required to earn a President’s Volunteer Service Award.
Faxed or Emailed entries are not accepted. Mail entries to:
Komerican Community Service Center/KCSC (Dr. SAT Academy)
519 S. Western Ave 2 FL
Los Angeles, CA 90020
Entries must be received (not postmarked) by Deadline.
For questions, and join the membership, please call: 213-200-2300; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about the President’s Volunteer Service Award Program is available at: www.presidentialserviceawards.gov
Can I apply for an individual award and also be part of a team award?
-No. You can only do one or the other.
Do I have to be at the national conference to receive my award?
-No. It will be sent to the address you provide on your submission.
Can I fax or email my submission?
-No, we cannot accept faxed or emailed submissions.
Is it okay if my submission is postmarked by the deadline?
-No, it must be received by the deadline.
Are individual time-sheets needed for a team award?
-Yes. Each team member must submit time-sheets and verification letters.
Will I be notified when my submission is received?
-No. If you wish to know that the package arrived, make sure send it so that it must be signed for or in a way that can be tracked. You will only be notified if you are receiving the PVSA.
Do I receive money to attend the national conference if I get the award?
-Travel stipends are wholly dependent upon funding/sponsorship of the program.
Must the verifying letters from the organizations where I served be on their letterhead or can I use my own form and have someone from the organization sign it?
-Verification letters of hours served must come from the organization on their letterhead directly. Nothing else will be accepted.
Do I have to have a letter from each organization where I served?
-Yes. Any hours you are submitting must be verified by the organization.
Does my time log need to reflect each day I volunteered and hours served on those days, or can I put a range of dates with total hours?
-You must log each day with a date and record your hours served for that day.
-We cannot accept a log that has only a range such as: (January 16-31, 2018, 50 hours).
If I am sending in a team submission, do I need to provide a team name?
-Yes. This is what will appear on the certificates.
Can I send in my time log and then send the letters and everything else later?
-No. Packages must be complete when they arrive or they will be disqualified.
If I have a service project that will occur just after the deadline, can I count those hours?
-No. All service hours toward the award must be completed by the deadline.
I received a PVSA last year. Can I apply again?
-Yes. You can apply every year if you meet the qualifications and submit a complete package by the deadline.
Can I send in my submission before the deadline?
-Yes. As soon as you have completed your service hours, have all of your verifying letters, and else.., you can send in your completed package.
Can I count time driving to and from my community service?
-No. Unless, your service is the driving. )Example: driving elderly people to doctor appointments for a retirement home).